Friday, March 1, 2013

Another Year Dad

I write about my dad on his birthday every year. I probably say the same stuff over and over again. I really don't care. Although I appreciate everyone reading my blogs the simple fact is I write for me. The public reaction is just a bonus.

I woke up this morning and didn't realize until I got to work what day it was. My day started pretty normal except for the phone call from Brandon that he couldn't go to school because my mom's dogs got skunked and everything including him smelled skunky.

Got to work and then it was like BAM. Oh wait today is his bday.

Donald R. Davis would have been 66 today. He was born March 1, 1947. He was born and raised in Southington. The town he loved.  He worked hard, played hard. He was kind and generous. He was outgoing and funny. Many say I am a lot like my dad and that is the ultimate compliment.  We didn't have much in the early years but I never knew that because he never let it affect me.

There is alot I could write about my dad but honestly it's just too hard still. Someday I am going to write down every memory and all my thoughts on my amazing father, but not yet. Just too soon.

Miss you every day dad. EVERY SINGLE DAY


No comments:

Post a Comment