Monday, January 28, 2013

Mans best friend

I have always had pets since I was a child. I have loved them and lost them to accidents, illness and old age but the responsibility of their well being was always on my parents.

Beatles is the first animal I have had that is mine as an adult. He was a cute little 5 year old with a weird over bite when we got him for our son in 1996. When we went to visit him to decide he jumped up on the arm of the chair and did his little trick of standing on his hind legs. I took one look at him and then at Brandon's dad and said he's coming with us.

He's been a great loving pet and a constant in our life full of change. We almost lost him a few years ago when e had severe kidney stones that almost killed him. A week later and thousands of dollars later he came home happy and healthy.

Today he is my senior citizen and his body is feeling the effects of years of jumping from couch to couch and all over the place. It seems like it happened over night and he went from my spry crazy guard dog to a quiet slower version of himself. He's got arthritis and a host of other issues. I just don't want him to be in pain and will do whatever I have to so that I make that happen.

He's my bed friend my snuggle buddy and deserves nothing but the love and devotion he has given me.

I may have rescued him but he has stolen my heart and I don't need it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment